Weight Tracker - Log and Track Your
Weight. FREE Desktop
The winner of multiple prestigious awards, this software celebrates seven years from the first version. This tracker helps manage their weight to over 15,000 users.
Measuring your weight can help you and your doctor choose the correct
diet and/or drug regiment to control such disorders as congestive heart
failure. Body weight measured in the doctor's office may be higher than
at other times. The use of home scales can more accurately measure one's
overall, or average, weight. It's also a good idea to take readings
at different times of day.
The Weight Tracker simplifies weight data logging. The
software automatically saves weight, relationship to the meal, time
of the measurement, and general state of health. In addition to being
a convenient data logger the software is also a voluble tool for weight
longitudinal trends analysis. This longitudinal analysis may help you
and your doctor decide on the best medicine and help adjust daily diet
and drug dosage.
||full version* $19.99
OS: Win 95/98/Me/ NT/2000/XP/Vista/64-bit Vista/Windows 7
To download Weight Tracker User Manual in PDF format please click
here: User Manual
Fully functional. No limitations. No registration. No personal
information is collected. Supported by ads. The paid version of
the software does not have ads.
You do not need to uninstall the freeware version, the paid version
will overwrite the freeware software. The data input with freeware
version will not be affected. No Ads.
|Pocket PC / Windows Mobile with touch screen
OS: Pocket PC 2002 or later/ Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0
The trial version is limited to 10 uses
OS: RIM BlackBerry
To send this application directly to your phone with SMS,
you need to purchase from here.
Post purchase, you will receive a text message with a link to
download the application.
Desktop installation instructions are here.
OS: Palm 3.0 or later
The trial version is limited to 10 uses
|Windows Mobile Smartphone without touch screen
Windows Mobile Smartphone 2003
The trial version does not save data between sessions
* You do not need to uninstall the trial version, the full version will overwrite
the trial software. The data input during trial period will not be affected.
- The intuitive interface for data logging.
- Oversized numbers for easy data entry.
- Monitor the changes of weight over time on the longitudinal graphs.
- Trending over any time interval (currently not available on Palm
- The Calendar view shows the average and maximum weights day by day.
The calendar also relates day's average weight to your ideal weight
(Desktop PC and Pocket PC only).
- The History display allows one to view all historic data.
- Comments such as sickness or stress can be easily entered from a
drop-down box (currently not available on Palm and Smartphone).
- Text Comments can also be typed in (currently not available on Palm
- You can save all data into a text file for copying to PC or sharing
with your physician.
- You can also save all data into a CSV file (comma delimited text
file) for backup, archival, and editing.
- You can edit the CSV file on the desktop PC with Excel, Notepad,
or any other text editing software.
- You can load data from the CSV file into the Tracker software (Desktop
PC, Pocket PC and Smartphone only).
- The tracker allows switching between weight units (kilograms or
pounds) at any time.
- Version 6.1 adds record editing and improves user interface.
Compatibility and Synchronization between Mobile
Devices and Desktop PC
- You can transfer data from Blackberry to the Desktop PC:
1. email the data from Blackberry.
2. Open the email on the Desktop PC and save the attached CSV file.
3. Load the data from the CSV file into the Desktop PC Tracker.
You CANNOT transfer data from the Desktop PC to Blackberry.
- Blackberry with touch screen: To hide the keyboard and to enable
qwerty keyboard when the Storm is turned horizontally, you need to
disable compatibility mode: Options->Advanced Options->Applications,
highlight GlucoseTracker, and tap the menu button and select "Disable
This will enable "touch screen" features for the SoundTells
- If you receive the following message "Application terminated. The Tracker has been denied the Interprocess Communication Permission." use the following fix: from the menu, select edit default permissions/connections, interactions, user data and turn allow on for all of them.
Pocket PC / Windows Mobile with touch screen
Tracker 3.8 or later
is compatible with Desktop PC software. There is no automatic synchronization.
However you can transfer data between the devices via CSV file.
To transfer data from your mobile device to Desktop PC:
1. Save data into CSV file on mobile device.
2. Transfer the CSV file to Desktop PC.
3. Open the CSV file with the Weight Tracker software on Desktop PC.
Software is compatible with Desktop PC software.
The software includes a conduit to export the data to Desktop PC via
CSV file. The CSV file then can be uploaded to Weight Tracker software
on Desktop PC.
Windows Mobile Smartphone without touch screen:
Weight Tracker currently is NOT compatible with Desktop PC Weight
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I change units from kg to lb?
Yes. Click File>Setup Units...
You can switch between kg and lb at any time.
2. Is it possible to keep the readings of 2 different people
on the same device?
No. It is not possible.
3. Desktop version only: Vista 64-bit on some PCs requests flash.ocx
to run this software
Although this software does not use flash, on some computers running
Vista 64-bit, Vista requests flash.ocx file. One of our customers suggested
the following solution:
-search for flash10b.ocx. It is in directory .../sysWOW64/macromed/flash10b.ocx
-copy flash10b.ocx into the same directory and rename the new file flash.ocx
-now .../sysWOW64/macromed directory has both flash10b.ocx and flash.ocx
This solves the problem.
4. Desktop version only: Vista 64-bit. The program will partially load, but when I try to input data, the program stops working (both trial and the full version).
The PC has to be in "Run as Administrator" mode for the program to work.
5. I have just changed computers. I would like to continue using my Tracker that I have used since 2006.
On the old computer: start the Tracker software, File>Save Data into CSV File; Copy the CSV file to a flash drive.
On the new computer: install the Tracker software (it is compatible will all versions of Windows operating system), Insert the Flash drive with the CSV file, Start the the Tracker, File>Load Data from CSV file.
6. How to print the data?
-To print the data: File>Print Last Month Records...
-To print the Graph: File>Print the Graph...
-To print the screen: Open the Paint program: Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint. Open the Tracker,
program and press Alt+PrintScreen - this will copy the Tracker screen to the clipboard. Ctrl+V to paste the clipboard into Paint. Print from Paint program: File>Print.
7. How to print the data from a Smartphone?
Save data into the CSV file.
Transfer the CSV file to the Desktop PC.
Install the free or paid version of the Tracker Software for PC.
Load the data into the Desktop Tracker software.
Print from the desktop.
8. How to adjust settings on weight tracker to make weight loss increments smaller than 3kg? Smaller increments would allow me to see slight losses more easily, particularly during those times when weight plateaus and you only experience half kilo losses?
- View>Graph Options
- In the Graph Range group, select Set Graph Range Manually.
- Select the range you want to see.
Note: This option is NOT available on Blackberry
13. Desktop version only: I have the operating system (OS) installed on C: drive but I have all my data files (pictures, music, video, etc) on my D: drive. That way if I have to re-install the OS, all my data is not’t lost. Can I store the tracker data on D: drive?
Yes. The tracker data is stored in the directory where you have installed the tracker program. To store the data on the D: drive, just install the tracker on the D: drive.
14. Can I backup the tracker data?
Yes. Use File>Save Data into CSV File... to generate a backup file.
To load data from a backup use File>Load Data from CSV File...
Computer are inherently unreliable. Always backup your data on a separate storage media!
15. How do I change the Graph range?
-Click View>Graph Options...
-In the group Graph Range, select Set graph range manually and select the range.
16. When I go to the print command to print the last month’s records I get the error: "Cannot find the ... _Print.txt file".
Solution 1: turn off the "User Account Control" in Vista. This will allow the tracker to save the Print file in the installation directory. When the "User Account Control" is on, the Vista save the Print file in the Virtual Store. And the tracker does not know what file to print.
Solution 2: Use File>Save Data into Text File. Then Open the saved file with Notepad software and print the data.
17. What is the difference between the full and the FREE version of the Desktop tracker?
The full and the free versions have identical functionality. The free version is fully functional. It has no limitations. Neither full nor free version require registration. No personal
information is ever collected. The FREE version has one extra feature. From time to time it will activate Internet Explorer window that will show Google Ads. You can support this software development by clicking on those ads when you are interested in the advertised material. If you are not interested just close the Internet Explorer window. The full version of
the software does not have any ads. You can overwrite the free version at any time. The data input with freeware
version will not be affected.
18. My data in the Calendar View & the Graph View disappeared suddenly, but the raw data is still present?
This can be caused by the change of date in the computer calendar.
19. The date in the Calendar View is incorrect
It is most likely that the date is set incorrectly in you PC. Please click on the time (in the lower right corner of the screen) and check the date.
20. Where does the Tracker software store the data files?
The tracker data (*.ste files) are stored in the directory where you have installed the tracker program. In Windows 7 and Windows 8 OC, the location of data files has changed to:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SoundTells.
"Kudos for Weight Tracker"
I had to write to tell you that I think Weight Tracker is absolutely
the most valuable weight loss tool I have ever used. I have used other
weight tracking methods (handwritten calendar, Yahoo Calendar, Outlook
Calendar, etc.) but your software has provided me with the motivation
to keep on track as I lose weight.
My weight loss has always been slow, so I am guilty of giving up and
gaining the weight back as I do not see any progress in losing weight.
Weight Tracker lets me see the “big picture” of my weight loss and shows
a projected trend in my progress. I have lost 20 pounds in 60 days and
can see that my weight loss is many small ups and downs with a definite
overall downward trend.
Thanks for sharing such great software.
Very good software for those who want to monitor their weight.
A reviewer from Liverpool, UK
"Very good software for those who want to monitor their weight. Data
input via drop-down boxes is very convenient. Historical data can viewed,
edited, and saved in an text or CSV file. A calendar view shows weight
data for each day of the month. The software allows setting your weight
goal - I set it to my normal weight. So when I gain a few pounds, I
can immediately see the change on the graph and on calendar. Having
tried many weight trackers, I think that SoundTell's weight tracker
is, on balance, better than all the others."
Simple and convenient
A reviewer from Annapolis, MD
"Nice software. Installed with no problem on my iPAQ5400. The data input
is very easy. The graph feature is very convenient. The data can be
saved as a text file or CSV file. I haven?t figured yet how to use the
calendar, but seems like a nice feature. One downside is that the software
doesn't let you save any comments."
A reviewer from Guadalajara, Mexico
"I purchased Weight Tracker and after installing it I requested a few
modifications. They were implemented immediately. I love the program
simple and right to the point.
Good small application to track weight
A reviewer from LA, Ca
"It installed with no problem on my Treo 650. The main screen allows
me to enter weight and shows the weight on the graph. I was able to
easily move weight data from the Treo to Desktop via csv file."
Desktop PC Screen Shots:
Pocket PC Screen Shots:
Palm Screen Shots:
Smartphone Screen Shots:
Please send your questions and comments to email@example.com
Normally we are able to respond to your email on the same business day.