Everyone experiences insomnia from time to time. Use combination of exercise, diet, and acupressure treatment to achieve the best results. The combination has a synergistic effect that is much more pronounced than that of either treatment alone:
1. Exercise for at least 30 consecutive minutes every day. The exercise must be repetitive such as swimming or jogging. Do not interrupt the exercise. After consecutive 30 minutes of exercise endorphin is released into the blood stream. Endorphin is a natural body painkiller. Endorphin and morphine are chemically different molecules but, by coincidence, they have very similar 3-dimensional shape. This similarity in shape allows morphine to bind the endorphin receptor, reduce pain, and induce feeling of euphoria. The endorphin released by exercise and acupressure treatment will improve your mood and will eventually lead to complete disappearance of insomnia.
2. Do not drink tea, coffee, or any other caffeinated beverages for at least 6 hours before going to bed.
3. Get up at the same time every morning. Start a day with plenty of light. Bright light resets the internal circadian clock that regulates sleep-wakefulness pattern.
4. Avoid taking naps during the day.
5. Use your bed for sleep only, not for reading during the day or TV.
6. Do not tense up at the thought that you won’t get a full eight hours of sleep – occasional lack of sleep has no effect on your health. Many people including Napoleon and Churchill were able to get by on 3 to 5 hours of sleep.
7. Do not worry if you wake up in the middle of the night. Recent research indicates that humans might be genetically predisposed to biphasic sleep. Stay in bed, read a book and avoid bright light. You are very likely to fall asleep in the next 60 to 90 minutes.
8. Each night before going to bed write down everything you are thinking about on a piece of paper. Write down a list of problems and possible solutions to each problem. If there is no solution, write no solution.
9. Neither work on your PC nor watch TV for at least 30 minutes before going to bed, you may want to read a book instead.
When massaging active points lie comfortably in bed, close your eyes
and breath deeply. Pour Peace, Love, and Kindness on walls and ceiling
of your room. Treat active points until numbing feeling is produced or
until you fall asleep. You do not need to treat all points.
Copyright 2014 © MobileReference